Friday, August 5, 2016

Day 5

So today is Friday August 5th.   This project as a "mutiny against excess" has been interesting.   While I don't find myself starving or hungry for food, I can eat and somehow never feel satisfied.  Somehow for me, a Hershey's kiss or a cookie after eating lunch or dinner makes it complete and the day or evening goes on.   What I really miss is the piece of li hing mui that I often have during the day.   The idea is that we will have the Lord fulfill the unsatisfied feeling we have through prayer and communion with him.

I think it would be a little bit easier not having an office job where my already limited choices get even smaller.  Yesterday I was at the plate lunch place requesting a scoop of rice with turkey breast and no macaroni salad, no gravy and no salad with thousand island dressing.  

With the weekend coming, I'll be trying to come up with creative ways to cook the foods I have selected and some ideas to liven up the party, so to speak.

Reminder:   HC Koolau family fun night August 7th at Kalaheo High School gym at 5:00 pm.  See you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment