Monday, June 2, 2014

15 Prayers

15 Prayers for Difficult Seasons

By Corine Gatti
 
Hard times are inevitable. Try these 15 prayers of comfort.

Strength
In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Dear Lord, see me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, And show me Your way. In your love and Holy Spirit I abide. Amen.
 

Protection

Blessed are thy Saints, O God and King, who have traveled over the tempestuous sea of this mortal life, and have made the harbor of peace and felicity. Watch over us who are still in our dangerous voyage; and remember such as lie exposed to the rough storms of trouble and temptations. Frail is our vessel, and the ocean is wide; but as in thy mercy thou hast set our course, so steer the vessel of our life toward the everlasting shore of peace, and bring us at length to the quiet haven of our heart's desire, where thou, O our God, are blessed, and livest and reignest forever and ever.
 

Hardships

O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow, That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy on us while we struggle to comprehend life's hardships. Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with light hearts and renewed spirits.
 

Healing

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
--- Revelation 21:4
 

Help

Direct me now, O gracious Lord, To hear aright Thy holy Word; Assist Thy minister to preach, And let Thy Holy Spirit teach, And let eternal life be found By all who hear the joyful sound. Amen.
 

Depressed

God bless all who are battling those inner demons of depression, loneliness, unworthiness, and hopelessness. Shine Your warm Heavenly Light down upon all of us, Lord, who are looking for our soul mates. Guide us to find peace, happiness, and contentment in our lives and within ourselves. Amen.
 

Surround Me

Surround me with your light, Jesus, and penetrate the very depths of my being with that light. Let there remain no areas of darkness in me or in my family members, but transform our whole being with the healing light of your love. Open me completely to receive your love, Jesus. Thank you for being our family healer and my personal healer.
 

Illness

O Lord, through the passion of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I beseech Thee to watch over and guide all those who suffer from chronic illness. Grant to us the courage to face our situations so that others may see Your perpetual light shining through us, as a beacon of strength that overcomes setbacks, and reaffirms Your Precious Love for ALL the sheep among Your flock. We are all Your children in spite of our physical situation, and Your Loving Son shepherds those of us who believe. Grant us the spiritual and mental strength to endure so that we may live in Your Divine Shadow. In the name of Jesus Christ, King of Kings, please hear and bless this prayer O Heavenly Father. Amen
 

Peace

May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of you.
 

In the Day of Trouble

The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion. We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfill all thy petitions. Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.
 

Respond

Almighty God, the Great Thumb we cannot evade to tie any knot: The Roaring Thunder that splits mighty trees; the all-seeing Lord up on high who sees even the footprints of an antelope on a rock mass here on earth. You are the one who does not hesitate to respond to our call. You are the cornerstone of peace.
 

Need

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.
 

Rise Up

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so let us all be thankful.
 

Renewal

Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
 

Gratitude

To our friends who have become family and our family who have become friends- May you be blessed with the same love and care you've given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment