Friday, May 24, 2013

Paid In Full


A great story.   Do you belong to Jesus?


After living what I thought was a "decent" life, my time on earth came to an end.

The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house.

The doors opened and I was instructed to come in
and have a seat by the defense table.

As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor."

He was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me.

He definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen.

I sat down and looked to my left and there sat My Attorney, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed so familiar to me, I felt I knew Him.

The corner door flew open and there appeared the Judge in full flowing robes.

He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room
I couldn't take my eyes off of Him.

As He took His seat behind the bench, He said, "Let us begin."

The prosecutor rose and said, "My name is Satan and
I am here to show you why this man belongs in hell."

He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole,
and In the past when I cheated others.

Satan told of other horrible Perversions that were once in my life
and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own Attorney,
as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me,
I was equally upset at My Attorney who sat there silently
not Offering any form ! of defense at all!

I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life --couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I'd done
Satan finished with a fury and said, "This man belongs in hell,
he is guilty of all that I have charged and
there is not a person who can prove otherwise."

When it was His turn, My Attorney first asked if He might approach the bench.

The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan,
and beckoned Him to come forward.

As He got up and started walking, I was able to see Him
in His full splendor and majesty.

I realized why He seemed so familiar; this was Jesus representing me,
my Lord and my Savior.
He stopped at the bench and softly said to the Judge, "Hi, Father,"
and then He turned to address the court.

"Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned,
I won't deny any of these allegations.

And, yes, the wage of sin is death,
and this man deserves to be punished."

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father
with outstretched arms and proclaimed,
"However, I died on the cross so that this person
might have eternal life and he has accepted Me as his Savior,
so he is Mine."

My Lord continued with, "His name is written in the book of life
and no one can snatch him from Me.

Satan still does not understand yet.
This man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy."
As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at His Father and said,
"There is nothing else that needs to be done.
I've done it all."
The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down.
The following words bellowed from His lips.
"This man is free."
The penalty for him has already been paid in full.
Case dismissed."
As my Lord led me away, I could hear Satan ranting and raving,
"I won't give up, I will win the next one."
I asked Jesus as He gave me my instructions where to go next,
"Have you ever lost a case?"
Christ lovingly smiled and said, "Everyone that has come to Me
and asked Me to represent them has received the same verdict as you,

~Paid In Full~

No comments:

Post a Comment